Hello Odooers, Odoogig and Odoo Lovers,
In this Odoo Tips Tutorial, I would like to explain how to use Unique _sql_constraints in Odoo
- SQL constraints will add to the table definition into database and implemented by PostgreSQL. it will be define using the class _sql_constraints attribute in odoo
- In general term Constrain means force to follow some particular action
- In odoo we use constrain to put some kind of restriction on record.
- For example, an employee’s identification number must be unique, means two employee can not have a same identification number
- So putting this type of unique restriction on records, we can use SQL Unique Constrain in odoo
- SQL is nothing but a database which is used by odoo
- SQL Unique Constrain will be written into python file as shown in below. it is a list of tuples with constraints name and error message.
#_sql_constraints #Modelconstraints #odooconstraints #odoo12.0
how to write _sql_constraints in odoo
_sql_constraints = [('name_of_field_unique', 'unique(name_of_field)',
_sql_constraints = [('identification_number_unique', 'unique(identification_number)',
'This Identification number is already assigned to other employee, please enter another number')]
- So now if you try to enter identification number which is already assigned to other employee then system will restrict you with error message. See below screen
GET IN TOUCH.!
We’d Love to Hear from You! We are happy to answer any questions, you have regarding My Training.
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype : mayur_maheshwari1
What’s app : +919924542042